Privacy & Cookies
In this Policy, personal information means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information) enables you to be directly or indirectly identified (“Personal Information”). Please read this Policy carefully as it sets out information relating to how we handle your Personal Information.
Personal Information Edmonton Valve & Fitting Inc. Collects
Personal Information You Provide to Us
From Purchasing Products. We also collect the Personal Information you choose to send or provide to us when you place an order through our Sales and Service Center to purchase Swagelok Product. Personal Information requested when a purchase is made may include your name, e-mail address, company name, telephone number, job title, market, billing information (including payment information), and shipping information.
Personal Information We Automatically Collect
- We may use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP or other device information, which may depend on your device's settings for location services. We may also rely on tools, including a firewall, to prevent spam and other security risks related to the use of abusive automated software.
Our Use of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information we collect for the following reasons:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- When it is necessary to perform our obligations or exercise our contractual rights
- When it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations
- For our legitimate business purposes, including:
- Managing and promoting the Swagelok brand
- Selling products and processing payments
- Improving upon the products we sell
- To administer our Sites and events
- For internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical, and survey purposes
- To operate our business
- To communicate with you concerning products and information about our products
- To improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you
- Where we have your consent (if and as required under applicable law) to use your Personal Information for marketing. Where we rely upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent by contacting us.
Your Choice and Access Rights
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Site from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Emails: You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in any email communications that you receive or by contacting us online.
- Social Media: This Policy does not cover the privacy and security practices of social media platforms on which we have social media pages. Please review the terms, policies, and settings of those social media platforms if you have questions about how they collect and use your data.
- Google Analytics: You can opt out of Google Analytics across all websites you use. To do so, visit this website.
- Postal Marketing: To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or other non-digital targeted marketing), please contact us online.
Links to Other Sites
The Sites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked websites. To the extent that you disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including any third-party website linked from any of our websites, you are subject to the privacy customs and policies of those third parties. Please refer to the privacy policies of those third-party websites.
Consent to Collect
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file sent by a website and downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website. Similarly, other tracking technologies such as tags, pixels, and web beacons are used to share or store information about visitors to the Sites, their systems, and browsers. Some cookies collect general non-identifiable information, but cookies may also collect personal data. By collecting this information, cookies help to analyze web traffic and allow the Sites to respond to you. You can learn more information about cookies by visiting: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To match you with content that is associated with your interests;
- To enable a fast response for service or follow-up request;
- To verify your identity;
- To send you requested information and content; and
- To contact you when necessary.
What Kinds of Cookies Do We Use?
We use the following cookies on our Sites:
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the Sites to function and cannot be switched off. They are usually set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the Sites to provide enhanced functionality and personalization or to enhance features and site performance. The cookies may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies may be set through our Sites by us or our advertising partners. They may be used by us or those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant information on other sites.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies and other technologies, placed by our third-party vendors (including Google Analytics (“GA”), please see how GA uses and safeguards your data) are used for analytics, assist in collecting data that tell us how you interact with our Sites, and help us improve our content and your experience.
How to Reject Cookies
You can opt out of Google Analytics across all websites you use. To do so, visit this website.
You have the ability to accept or reject cookies through our Sites' preference center, but you are also able to prevent cookies from being set on your browser. For more information, including instructions for turning off cookies, please see below or review your web browser’s “Help” or “Support.” If you delete cookies and/or disable cookies, your browsing experience may be compromised, and/or you may be unable to access certain features of the Sites.
For additional information on your browser settings, please feel free to visit the following:
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us by writing to:
You can also contact us online.